The dreaded disease Cancer affects one and all of us in multiple ways, and the devastating impact that cancer has on individuals, families and communities stays forever. Most of the time it is seen that people ignore and tend to get away from the thought or word Cancer. This act of ignorance often proves fatal. Adequate knowledge on the disease can save many lives. Therefore it becomes our social responsibility to enlighten the people to combat the disease Cancer.
Know Cancer- is a program of Priyobondhu, raising awareness and educate people about the disease. The program persuades the need of proper and timely diagnosis and treatment. How creating a healthy environment, making healthy lifestyles and make understand that early detection save lives. Priyobondu initiated the program K N O W C A N C E R on May 1, 2016 . The successful outcome of the program was appraised by National Health Mission, Govenrment of Assam and decided to extend their support by providing us experienced Doctors, Nurses, Technicians and essential medicines too. Eventually from August 7, 2016 National Health Mission is supporting us in conducting screening for cancer and suspected cases are referred to the nearest District Hospital or Medical College for further investigation and treatment. Dr. B.Barooah Cancer Institute, Guwahati has always been helping us by technically supporting us.
Last updated 17/1/19 at 2:30 PM
Know Cancer programs-
1. A health awareness program on Cancer was organized at Basisthapur bylane-3, Guwahati on May 1, 2016, especially for women on Breast, Ovarian and Cervical Cancer. An interactive session and awareness speech was delivered by Dr. S.M.Bhagawati, Preventive Oncology, MBBS, MD, from Dr. B.Barooah, Cancer Institute. Cancer survivors Monali Bharadwaj, Monalisa Saikia and Mira Borthakur were invited to address and share their combat against the disease. Dr. S.M.Bhagawati presented a slideshow for visual impact on participant’s psychology and enlightened the precise facts and figures about Cancer. 34 women and 4 men were present on the program.
2. A health awareness program on Cancer in association with Matrix-DNA at Sibsagar college auditorium, Joisagar was organized on June 12, 2016. An interactive session and awareness speech was delivered by Dr. Gayatri Gogoi, Asst. Professor, Pathology and Cancer Researcher and Dr. Jolly Rabha, Asst. Professor paediatric Haematoncology, of AMCH, Dibrugarh. 63 male and 87 female attended the camp.
3. A health awareness program on Cancer was organized at Lanka High School on 10-7-2016. The program was organized in collaboration with Himanta Bishwa Sarma Fans Club. Around 100 people participated in the program. Kaberi Borkakoti Sharma, Deputy Commissioner of Hojai, Munin Chamuah, Officer-in-charge, Lumding Police Station, Chao Biton Devi, Principal, Lanka High School, Ashima Mahanta, Advocate, Madan Mohan Dey Teacher and Social activist and Surjya Jyoti Goswami, President, Himanta Bishwa Sarma Fans Club were present in the event
4. A health awareness program on Cancer was organized at Bogajuli village, Baksa on July 24, 2016. An interactive session and awareness speech was delivered by Dr. Dipankar Deka followed by Archana Borthakur. The documentary on Cancer, provided by Dr. B.Borooah Cancer Institute, was screened. SP of Baksa District, SDPO of Tamulpur, Gajen Narzary-Principal of UN Academy and Dr. Dipankar Deb Deka were present in the meeting. 21 male, 67 female and 15 children attended the camp.
5. A health awareness and screening program on Cancer in association with National Health Mission, Assam at Dhing Public High School, Dhing, Nagaon on August 7, 2016. Check-up to 90 females were done. 5 suspected cases were referred for further investigation
6. A health awareness and screening program on Cancer in association with National Health Mission, Assam at Balitara High School, Nalbari on August 21, 2016. 69 people were investigated for cancer potentials and Balitara is a Cancer potential zone. 90% of the water in that area is said to contain Arsenic in the water. In 2014 a government survey was done and a report has been created and maximum of the deep tube wells has been red-marked dangerous for drinking water and this place needs serious government intervention. We have forwarded the matter to Ministry of Health, Assam.
7. A health awareness and screening program on Cancer at Kharjan LP School, Salikihat, Golaghat, Assam on September 4, 2016. Above 200 people participated in the program of which 144 people were investigated. The screening was conducted by NHM team under District Program Co-ordinator(NCD), Dhrubajyoti Talukdar. The check up was done by Dr.Partha Gohain- Sr. M&HO, Kohora Model Hospital, Bokakhat and Dr.Nirmali Konwar- MO, NCD Clinic. They were assisted by Rupak Goswami-PSMRI-10, Sanjeevani(VHOP), Mouchumi Saikia- GNM Staff Nurse, Lakhimi Borah- Staff Nurse, Rumee borah- Staff Nurse, Rekha Borah- Staff Nurse, Dergaon,CHC, Pranita Kachari-ANM, Bornali Medhi- LT,M.Begum- Pharmacist and 104 team. 7 suspected cases have been referred for further investigation.
8. A health awareness and screening program on Cancer at Nokhola Grant Basti, Mayong, Jagiroad, Morigaon on September 18, 2016. 161 people attended the camp and all of them were investigated. The National Health Mission team included Dr.Bonsidhar Das(Sr.M&HO),Dr.DichenBordoloi(Sr.M&HO),Dr.B.Sharma(Sr.M&HO), Jufin Sultana,District Program Co-ordinator, NCD, Morigaon. Complex/Azithromycin/Amoxycillin/In.Paracetamol/Inj.Amikaci/In.Tramadol/ORS/In.Theophylline/Folic acids medicines were distributed for general ailments.
9. A health awareness and screening program on Cancer at Ouphulia, Tingkhang, District Dibrugarh, Assam on October 2, 2016. 39 girls attended the program.
10. A health awareness and screening program on Cancer was organized at Morigaon Shankar Madhav Madhyamik Vidyalaya, Morigaon, Assam on November 13, 2016. Above 175 people participated in the program and were investigated. The screening was conducted by National Health Mission, Government of Assam team comprising Dr. Biswajit Bayan, M&HO, Morigaon Civil Hospital and Dr. Bansidhar Das. They were assisted by Staff Nurses Mousumi Kurmi and Kabita Gogoi.
11. A health awareness and screening program on Cancer at IIE, Dhemaji Zila Mohila Samity Bhawan, Dhemaji Assam on January 8, 2017. 56 people participated in the program and were investigated. The investigation was conducted by NHM team under Sr.M&HO, Dhemaji Civil Hospital, Dr. B.Boruah and Dr. Binod Kr. Gogoi. They were assisted by Mrinmoy Hazarika, MMO, Mrs. Nilima Chetia, ANM, Mrs. Phuleswari Gogoi, GNM. Medicines were provided for general ailments. The program was conducted in association with NHM (National Health Mission) and IIE Indian Institute of Entrepreneurship.
12. A health awareness and screening program on Cancer was organized at Kaliagaon under Bollamguri PHC, Chirang District on February 9, 2017.
©Copyright Priyobondhu. All rights reserved.