Last updated 15/12/17 at 12:15 PM
In a nation like ours women are treated as second class citizens and seen as someone to look after the home and bear children. Women and girls are mostly involved in household chores. They do not have a say in household affairs. They have to be dependent on the male counterparts. In view of the financial constraints that a family faces, the skill building programs strives to empower the women and community at large. Vocational training program will enable marginalized women and girls to learn and enhance their skills and confidence by making themselves self reliant. The objective of the programs is to promote employment oriented skill development program and to encourage self employment by acting support agency for providing necessary help. To certify and to liaison with the trained institutes in order to strengthen training placement opportunities for the trained girls and ladies.
1. In association with Panasonic under trainer Chef Saman Singh, a skill building Rapid Baking training of Cake, Muffin and Chocolate was conducted at Gyankonika Apartment, Basisthapur Bylane-3, Beltola, Guwahati on July 23, 2016. Around 50 women participated in the event.
2. The Assamese culinary has always been unique as Assam’s colorful life and rich culture. Assamese dishes are simple, flavored, fresh and healthy too. To make this art commercially viable An ASSAMESE TRADITIONAL FOOD COMPETITION at Rongali Festival of Assam was organized on February 3-4-5, 2017, in a motive to promote employment oriented skill developmental program and to encourage self employment to the people who are skilled with the art of cooking. Our objective is to encourage these traditional food-artisans so that they commercialize their art instead of confining it inside the kitchen. Television show MASTER CHEF famed Jumi Ahmed, Assamese traditional cuisines expert Rajib Bora and Geeta Dutta honored the judge’s seat. The food competition was held on three segments Assamese sweet, Assamese vegetarian and Assamese non-vegetarian dishes.
The list of winners and prizes-
Assamese Sweet Dish
Winner- Kaberi Gogoi (Mixie sponsored by Bharali Brothers Pvt. Ltd.)
Runnerup- Sehnaz Ahmed (Assamese Traditional Jewellery sponsored by Prajapati)
Third – Daisy Ahmed, (Milton serving set)
Assamese Vegetarian Dish
Winner- Nilofar Hussain (Mixie sponsored by USHA international)
Runnerup- Mitali Kalita (Assamese Traditional Jewellery sponsored by Prajapati)
Third- Ranju saikia Gogoi (Milton serving set)
Assamese Non-vegetarian Dish
Winner- Tanishi Inam, (Mixie sponsored by Art and Industries)
Runnerup- Sayeda Nishat Sereen (Assamese Traditional Jewellery sponsored by Prajapati)
Third- Tanushree Das (Milton serving set)
3. In association with FICCI ladies organization and IIE on March 8, 2016 Sewing machines were provided to 3 beneficiaries so that they can enhance their skills and confidence by making themselves self reliant. The beneficiaries are 1.Himani Baishya, Guwahati 2. Jaya Tanti, Nagaon and 3. Marami Murmu, Nagaon.
4. 2 day training on Jewellery making training cum workshop was conducted by Sruti Baruah, proprietor of PTAH. 5 marginalized girls were selected for training on 14/15-May-2016 at Priyobondhu office premises. The beneficiaries are Mamta Kahar, Dima Hasao 2. Moromi Das, Dhuburi 3. Mousumi Das, Dergaon 4. Saraswati das, Dhuburi 5. Arati Xalxo, Gohpur
5. 16 CAKE CHALLENGE- In association with Panasonic organized a NOVELTY and INNOVATIVE CAKE MAKING competition at Chandmari (Opposite All India Radio), Guwahati on 24-September-2016 from 4 PM, in a motive to promote employment oriented skill development program and to encourage self employment. 14 amateur and professional women participated in the competition. Classic innovative and theme based tasty novelty cakes were prepared viz. Pumpkin slice cake, Riceflour (Pithaguri) Cake, Maan Dhania Cake etc. Priya Tamuli took away the first prize of a PANASONIC MICROWAVE OVEN by making the autumn woodland theme out of Pumpkin slice. Mridusmita Dutta Dowerah became the runner up and got a PRESTIGE INDUCTION COOKTOP by making Mint-Riceflour(Pithaguri) Eggless Basket themed Cake. Television show MASTER CHEF famed Jumi Ahmed and Chef Pallavi Das honored the judge’s seat.
6. Promoting livelihood and self-reliance through niche marketing. As a part of our social action and responsibility a Beauty and wellness program was organized providing guidance and advocacy to marginalized girls by facilitating access to work and livelihood opportunities. The Niche marketing is aimed at satisfying specific customer needs, as well as the price range, service quality and the demographics that are intended to impact in a small market segment. The program will focus on satisfying customers with the lowest price range for services like Pedicure, Manicure, Fruit and Gold facial and Threading at their door step. It was held at Gyankonika Apartment, Basisthapur bylane-3, Beltola, Guwahati on 26th and 27th November, 2016 from 10am to 5pm. It facilitated 20 customers. We encouraged Mousumi Borah (26), a trained beautician who provided the service. The program will benefit her to retain the customers in future and become a source of livelihood.
©Copyright Priyobondhu. All rights reserved.