Last updated 31/10/18 at 04:12 PM
In a nation like ours women are treated as second class citizens and seen as someone to look after the home and bear children. Women and girls are mostly involved in household chores. They do not have a say in household affairs. They have to be dependent on the male counterparts. In view of the financial constraints that a family faces, Priyobondhu skill building and gainful self employment programs and events strives to empower the women and community at large. Priyobondhu vocational training programs and events enables marginalized women and girls to learn and enhance their skills and confidence by making themselves self reliant.
1. July 23, 2016- In association with Panasonic under trainer Chef Saman Singh, a skill building Rapid Baking training of Cake, Muffin and Chocolate was conducted at Gyankonika Apartment, Basisthapur Bylane-3, Beltola, Guwahati on July 23, 2016. Around 50 women participated in the event.
2. February 3-4-5, 2017- The Assamese culinary has always been unique as Assam’s colorful life and rich culture. Assamese dishes are simple, flavored, fresh and healthy too. To make this art commercially viable An ASSAMESE TRADITIONAL FOOD COMPETITION at Rongali Festival of Assam was organized on February 3-4-5, 2017, in a motive to promote employment oriented skill developmental program and to encourage self employment to the people who are skilled with the art of cooking. Our objective is to encourage these traditional food-artisans so that they commercialize their art instead of confining it inside the kitchen. Television show MASTER CHEF famed Jumi Ahmed, Assamese traditional cuisines expert Rajib Bora and Geeta Dutta honored the judge’s seat. The food competition was held on three segments Assamese sweet, Assamese vegetarian and Assamese non-vegetarian dishes.
The list of winners and prizes-
Assamese Sweet Dish
Winner- Kaberi Gogoi (Mixie sponsored by Bharali Brothers Pvt. Ltd.)
Runnerup- Sehnaz Ahmed (Assamese Traditional Jewellery sponsored by Prajapati)
Third – Daisy Ahmed, (Milton serving set)
Assamese Vegetarian Dish
Winner- Nilofar Hussain (Mixie sponsored by USHA international)
Runnerup- Mitali Kalita (Assamese Traditional Jewellery sponsored by Prajapati)
Third- Ranju saikia Gogoi (Milton serving set)
Assamese Non-vegetarian Dish
Winner- Tanishi Inam, (Mixie sponsored by Art and Industries)
Runnerup- Sayeda Nishat Sereen (Assamese Traditional Jewellery sponsored by Prajapati)
Third- Tanushree Das (Milton serving set)
3. March 8, 2016- In association with FICCI ladies organization and IIE on March 8, 2016 Sewing machines were provided to 3 beneficiaries so that they can enhance their skills and confidence by making themselves self reliant. The beneficiaries are 1.Himani Baishya, Guwahati 2. Jaya Tanti, Nagaon and 3. Marami Murmu, Nagaon.
4. 2 day training on Jewellery making training cum workshop was conducted by Sruti Baruah, proprietor of PTAH. 5 marginalized girls were selected for training on 14/15-May-2016 at Priyobondhu office premises. The beneficiaries are Mamta Kahar, Dima Hasao 2. Moromi Das, Dhuburi 3. Mousumi Das, Dergaon 4. Saraswati das, Dhuburi 5. Arati Xalxo, Gohpur
5. 24-September-2016- 16 CAKE CHALLENGE- In association with Panasonic organized a NOVELTY and INNOVATIVE CAKE MAKING competition at Chandmari (Opposite All India Radio), Guwahati on 24-September-2016 from 4 PM, in a motive to promote employment oriented skill development program and to encourage self employment. 14 amateur and professional women participated in the competition. Classic innovative and theme based tasty novelty cakes were prepared viz. Pumpkin slice cake, Riceflour (Pithaguri) Cake, Maan Dhania Cake etc. Priya Tamuli took away the first prize of a PANASONIC MICROWAVE OVEN by making the autumn woodland theme out of Pumpkin slice. Mridusmita Dutta Dowerah became the runner up and got a PRESTIGE INDUCTION COOKTOP by making Mint-Riceflour(Pithaguri) Eggless Basket themed Cake. Television show MASTER CHEF famed Jumi Ahmed and Chef Pallavi Das honored the judge’s seat.
6. Promoting livelihood and self-reliance through niche marketing. As a part of our social action and responsibility a Beauty and wellness program was organized providing guidance and advocacy to marginalized girls by facilitating access to work and livelihood opportunities. The Niche marketing is aimed at satisfying specific customer needs, as well as the price range, service quality and the demographics that are intended to impact in a small market segment. The program will focus on satisfying customers with the lowest price range for services like Pedicure, Manicure, Fruit and Gold facial and Threading at their door step. It was held at Gyankonika Apartment, Basisthapur bylane-3, Beltola, Guwahati on 26th and 27th November, 2016 from 10am to 5pm. It facilitated 20 customers. We encouraged Mousumi Borah (26), a trained beautician who provided the service. The program will benefit her to retain the customers in future and become a source of livelihood.
7. January 19-20-21, 2018- In a motive to promote employment oriented skill development and to encourage gainful self employment to the people who are skilled with the art of cooking, specifically women Priyobondhu conducted ASSAMESE TRADITIONAL FOOD COMPETITION at RONGALI FESTIVAL , Srimanta Sankardev Kalakshetra, Guwahati, Assam on January 19-20-21, 2018 . Our objective is to encourage these traditional food-artisans so that they commercialize their art instead of confining it inside the kitchen. The competition was based on 3 categories- 1. Assamese Sweet Dishes (Jalpan) on January 19, 2018 where 22 contestants participated. 2. Assamese Vegetarian Dishes on January 20, 2018 where 23 contestants participated. 3. Assamese Non-Vegetarian on January 21, 2018 where26 contestants participated. The judgment was served by Smt. Hiranmoyee Goswami, Shri. Rajib Bora, Smt. Jumi Ahmed and Smt. Geeta Dutta
Position holders and prizes-
Assamese Traditional Sweet Dishes ( 22 participants )
1st prize- Tanishi Inam- Prajapati Assamese Gold Jewelry
2nd prize- Kaberi Gogoi Deka- Milton Non Stick Cookware sponsored by Dalmia cement
3rd prize- Giriza Das- MIO Casserole Set sponsored by Dalmia cement
Assamese Traditional Vegetarian Dishes ( 23 participants )
1st prize- Rumi Dewan- Prajapati Assamese Gold Jewelry
2nd prize- Smita Das- Milton Non Stick Cookware sponsored by Dalmia cement
3rd prize- Hadiya Hayat Inam- MIO Casserole Set sponsored by Dalmia cement
4rd prize- Aradhana Baruah- Pigeon Handi sponsored by Dalmia cement
Assamese Traditional Non- Vegetarian Dishes ( 26 participants )
1st prize- Mridusmita Dutta Dowerah- Sony Camera sponsored by Dalmia cement
2nd prize- Rehana Khatoon- Prajapati Assamese Gold Jewelry
3rd prize- Pranita sharma- MIO Casserole Set sponsored by Dalmia cement
4rd prize- Hadiya Hayat Inam- Milton Non Stick Cookware sponsored by Dalmia cement
8. January 19-20-21, 2018- In addition to ASSAMESE TRADITIONAL FOOD COMPETITION at RONGALI FESTIVAL , Srimanta Sankardev Kalakshetra, Guwahati, Assam on January 19-20-21, 2018, 8 food stalls were allotted to 8 food artisans, prioritizing women, serving 100+ variety of traditional and fast foods. The motive was to encourage gainful self employment to the people who are skilled with the art of cooking. Our objective is to encourage these traditional food-artisans so that they commercialize their art of cooking.
9. January 19-20-21, 2018- In addition to ASSAMESE TRADITIONAL FOOD COMPETITION and Food stalls at RONGALI FESTIVAL , Srimanta Sankardev Kalakshetra, Guwahati, Assam on January 19-20-21, 2018, a traditional kitchen was constructed demonstrating various traditional foods of Assam.
Blogger partner "Foodie on the road" conceptualized the traditional kitchen ..
10. February 25, 2018- STEPPING OUT OF THE KITCHEN is the theme for Women who live with pride and dignity. In a motive to promote gainful self employability for Women, Priyobondhu, with the support of Panasonic cooking, conducted an authentic cake baking competition on 25-2-2018 at Chandmari, Guwahati. There were restrictions on the use of artificial edible colors, ready made gum paste, sugar paste, whip cream, artificial decorative items etc., and instead colors of fresh fruits and vegetables were encouraged. The judgement was based on taste, nutritious values and decoration. 26 entrants took part in the competition. The positions of the contestant and prizes are-
1st prize- Sayeda Somina Afrin Christie (Dalia seasame cake) - Panasonic Microwave Oven
2nd prize- Sonmani Phukan Baruah (Organic Chocolate Cake)- Panasonic Rice Cooker
3rd prize- I. Hussain (Banana Fruit cake)- Panasonic Rice Cooker
Judges special choice-
1. Mridusmita Dutta Dowerah 2. Daisy Ahmed 3. Jabin Akhtar 4. Tanishi Inam
1. Farzana Begum 2. Ami Baruah 3. Jutika Baruah 4. Raktimala Adhyapak 5. Sandeep Das
The judgment was served by Jumi Ahmed and Shankar Ghosh. Rajib Bora, RJ Sujita and RJ Shubhankar Big 92.7 FM, Nripen Mahanta, Sachin Vishwakarma, Saman Singh, Siva Sarma etc. were the special guests to mention who were present on the occasion.
©Copyright Priyobondhu. All rights reserved.